Lightweight OBERMAYER EVO Disc
To keep up with the top field, you need material that provides you with precision, performance and safety. Thanks to a unique stiffness to weight ratio, OBERMAYER EVO transforms every step of yours into maximum propulsion without any loss of energy. And with only 1.230 grams total weight, it is one of the lightest disc wheel sets available. OBERMAYER EVO is Lightweight’s ultimate performance disc wheel and is suitable for (mountainous) roads, training and competition.
Our OBERMAYER EVO is the further development of the popular MEILENSTEIN OBERMAYER wheel and available as a disc model. The tubeless version offers you the best stiffness to weight ratio with maximum heat resistance. OBERMAYER EVO is particularly light and one of the lightest, most exclusive and most powerful disc wheelsets in the world.
When it came to the OBERMAYER EVO, our engineers didn’t leave anything to chance. That’s why they used LCC-Carbon, which has already been successfully tested and used in aerospace. Thanks to the Active Foam Core, we were once again able to save on weight and at the same time increase stiffness. Weighing in at only 1.230 grams, it is one of the lightest full carbon disc wheel sets available at the moment. The proven Rim-to-Rim design, combined with the Lightweight Performance Shape, ensures breathtaking acceleration. The full carbon spokes are directly connected to the wheel and, thanks to especially optimized CFRP fibers, make for unparalleled braking precision. The innovative Pentagon SL Hub is 60 grams lighter and improves heat dissipation during braking, subsequently increasing safety on long descents. The maximum allowed system weight of OBERMAYER EVO is 100 kilograms.
Less energy consumption during ascents and increased braking performance during descents – that is OBERMAYER EVO.
- Performance disc wheelset
- One of the lightest full carbon disc wheelsets with 1.230 grams total weight
- Using special high-modulus CFRP fibres
- Unique layup with a new carbon structure provides a smooth ride at high stiffness
- Innovative, 60 grams lighter Pentagon SL Hub and EXP technology
- Disc wheels for precise and safe braking performance
- Tubeless technology for improved rolling characteristics
- High stiffness and consequently direct power transmission without any loss of energy
- Maximum acceleration due to optimum stiffness to weight ratio
- Light and robust with high directional stability
- Perfectly suitable for (mountainous) roads, training and competition
- Manufactured with extreme precision and low tolerances
- Compatible with common groupsets (Campa, SRAM, Shimano, etc.)
- Available in Standard Edition as well as in Schwarz ED